Plug: the brain of your devices by The CGC team — Kickstarter
喲哪桑 Speaking 之專案工作日誌: 看來，我還算不上是一個好的產品經理呢！
distributed, dropbox-like one big space, sync automatically.
uPnP or DLNA,
decentralized P2P VPN
compatible with backup services such as BackBlaze or CrashPlan
replace all memory, instead a folder only (?)
allow others access specific files/directly by a link temporarily or permanently.send a file/directly to a Plug in another group
Access files on web site
Plug app supported on Apple products (iPod, iPad, iPhone), Windows, Linux, Android
streamed from Internet if the file doesn't fit in the device
select files to view offline
Maybe I would buy it. But it doesn't really fit my need. To me, the most important feature is the concept "dropbox-like one big space".
The device really make me think about what is missing with current RAID+NAS products.
- size is not scalable
- buying one more device means one more location, or dropping the old one to garbage...
- home-use level product doesn't really protect data, but make it more difficult to get data back when something happen...
I need a device that could help me build a "private dropbox", which has:
- (distributed, P2P) multiple device, each has multiple harddisk
- dropbox-like one big space, one see all the file even if the file doesn't exist on nearest device.
- RAID-like data protection/backup, remote backup
- automatically sync each other
- file version control
BitTorrent Sync FAQ - BitTorrent Sync - BitTorrent Forums